Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A New Journey

Today I began yet another journey with my family, and community. Two years ago, right around this time of year, God blessed my life with a second family, my church at Calvary. In this family, I have experienced community and the love of God like never before. I have been challenged and guided in gentle, yet firm ways. My gifts have been called out and I have been invited to use them. I have been allowed to make mistakes and to flourish and grow from my mistakes. I have been allowed to shed masks so that my imperfection is no longer concealed. With the revealing of the imperfection there is also a revealing of the redeeming work that God continues to do in my life.

Today, we began the journey of the Season of Lent together. This is the first church I have ever been apart of that celebrated the Christian year and it has become deeply rooted in my soul. This morning in our Ash Wednesday service we, as a community, invited God to come into our lives and cleanse us, and that He will do. I want to encourage you also to intently focus this Lenten Season toward God and find your dependency on Him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I understand this is sort of off-topic however I had to ask.

Does managing a well-established website such as yours require a lot of work?
I am brand new to operating a blog however
I do write in my journal everyday. I'd like to start a blog so I can share my experience and thoughts online. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or tips for brand new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!

Feel free to visit my website; トリーバーチ

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home