Friday, July 09, 2004

Blogging Perfectionism

I started this blog at the very beginning of the summer thinking that I would have time to post about once a day. Well, as you can see, time has not been a commodity found in abundance for me this summer, and I was a bit too optimistic about how much of it I would have. As a result, I ran into this dilemma of wanting to blog about something, but then not getting around to it until something else happened that I wanted to blog about. I wouldn’t want to blog about the latter event or thought until I blogged about the former event or thought, but I wouldn’t have time to do both, so I would get overwhelmed and not blog at all. Later on, I found the fact that I was stressed about blogging to be quite humorous so I’ve had to convince myself that my blog doesn’t have to be perfect. I’ve gotta learn to loosen up on a lot of things. So, while I try to enjoy the rest of my vacation, I'm going to try to catch up on my blogging in no particular order.

On a side note, but still related to my blogging perfectionism, I like to type up my thoughts in Microsoft Word before I post it, so I can check it more easily for spelling errors. I find it humorous that Microsoft Word doesn’t like the word “blog.” It doesn’t matter if I use it as a noun or a verb, it insists on underlining it in red. Can you tell that I am easily amused?

7 Comments:

Blogger Kessa said...

Nope...can't have any mistakes...no not one. Let me know if you ever find any typos and I'll edit them imediately. ;-)

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breakbeatbob here, and I just wanted to let yoy know that immediately has a double m in it. Just for your information.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Kessa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Kessa said...

Thanks Bob...glad you caught the irony in that post.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Kessa said...

I accidentally found the trashcan button.

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kessa, we love and admire you not because of your perfection, but because you are not perfect, and you go on inspite of it. Thanks for trying so hard, it helps us all.
From
Anon

P.S. I guess your mule-like qualities, do bring about good. :)

5:47 PM  
Blogger Kessa said...

I'm not real sure how to take that last comment. Was is a compliment or an insult? Maybe if I knew who your were I would be able to figure out your intent. I'm not a big fan of the anonymous posting. Thanks for responding though. Can you give me some sort of hint of who you are? Is the mule comment about my stubborness supposed to be a hint. I do remember talking about my stubborness the other day, but I can't for the life of me remember who it was with.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home