Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Two Scary Things

I'm at work right now and I was listening to my radio station on Launch. I like Launch, but I get frustrated with it sometimes. It likes to broaden my musical horizons (as do I) by recommending artists for me based on what I've already rated. Sometimes it does a good job with this and I end up finding a new artist that I like. Then there are other times when it fails horribly at recommending something to me. Today was one of those days. It recommends music sometimes based on what genres of music I have rated or by recommending artists based on people who have similar musical tastes. Today a Christmas song came on because I had rated other Christmas songs from artists that I had already rated. I hadn't rated this particular artist yet though. I didn't recognize the song, but the artist sounded familiar. I thought, "That sounds just like the Wiggles." I looked at the radio window, and sure enough...it was the Wiggles. AAAHHHHHH!! That was the first scary thing. Why were they playing the Wiggles on my radio station!?!?!?! Quick!! Rate it as "Never play again," and then hit the "next" button. After a bit, I calmed down from this scary moment and the second scary thing happened. It occurred to me, that not only did I know who the Wiggles were, but I also recognized their voices and music style. This was even scarier than the first thing. I don't think I've recovered from this yet, and I'm not sure if I ever will. Maybe I should stop baby-sitting... the damage done on the psyche from kidz movies and such could be way too much to handle.

For those of you wondering who the Wiggles are, you're better off without me telling you. Just steer clear...at all costs...steer clear.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those of you as curious as I, I did a google image search for the wiggles, and came up with this.

http://www.neilswaab.com/merchandise/images/wiggles-cover.jpg ~Adam

9:02 AM  
Blogger Kessa said...

Nice try Adam, but not quite. It's The Wiggles, not Mr. Wiggles. And it is associated with music.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Bridgette said...

Here ya go Kes....its a Wiggles mix just for you. I had to go find out who this Wiggles was and this is what I found. So, I started playing it on my computer (I'm at the office) and people from all over the office were stopping by AND SINGING ALONG!!!! Their excuse was that they all had kids.....but it was too much for me. http://www.thewiggles.com.au/about/10years/wigglemix.html

10:20 AM  
Blogger Kessa said...

AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Bridge!! Why must you haunt me and torture me so!?!?!?! Please...have mercy...

12:18 PM  
Blogger Gillwinkle said...

I'm ashamed that I didn't have to do a web search to know who the Wiggles were. And my vote for worst Christmas song ever would be "I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" as performed by the Jackson 5. Feliz Navidad is a nasty mind-burner too though...

6:55 PM  
Blogger Kessa said...

Feliz Navidad and I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause are both pretty nasty. They rank rihgt up there with Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer which my cousin loves to sing every Christmas. The good thing about all of those though is that they are escapable (usually) eleven months out of the year. One can't be so fortunate with the Wiggles though.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Kessa said...

This has inspried my next post. Come back soon when I have more time to write. Probably sometime tomorrow.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home