Wednesday, November 17, 2004

A Brief Pause

After about five hours (that I know of, it may have been longer) the rain has finally slowed to a pause. I never seem to find myself where I want to be when it is raining. Today when the wind was blowing cold and the rain was coming down in portions of plenty I found myself in one of three places:

1. In it. Walking the fifteen minute walk to class as cars flashed by me, some of them even splashing me and of course none of them stopping to ask if I wanted a ride though we all know that we are traveling to the same place. Then I wonder, would I stop? Probably only if I knew the person.

2. Sitting soaked from waist to toe (because waist-up is pretty much all that could be protected from the rain coming down from the sky and the rain splashing up from the cars,) in a freezing classroom because Baylor likes to show off the fact that they have a lot of money and can run the AC while it's 50 degrees outstide. Personally, I'd be more impressed if they could keep me warm when it's 50 degrees outside.

3. Sitting at work, warm behind the desk (because I can controll the temperature there) and watching the rain fall outside.

Though the third place is not a bad place to be, where I really want to be is in front of my fireplace reading a book of my choice. Uh...that is, if I had a fireplace. Blast!! (I have decided to incorporate "blast" into my vocabulary.) Guess I'm out of luck. I'll try to enjoy the rain from my desk and pretend I'm in front of that fireplace that I don't have.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bridgette said...

Are you going to help me decorate my house for Christmas next week? I don't have a fireplace, but can control the temp, and I promise to make it warm. I may even have hot chocolate for you!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Kessa said...

Of course, I'll help you. I was only giving you a hard time. No need for any bribery either...getting to see you will be enough. I may have you pop my back though...I've had a knot in it for about 3 months now and no one can seem to pop it right...but you always know the right trick. Can't wait to see you this weekend and next week. WOW!! Twice in one month...what a treat!!

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a fireplace in the NV Cafe. The furniture is pretty comfy too. Try it the next time you're craving a fireplace. :p

~Adam

7:23 PM  
Blogger Kessa said...

I know there is a fire place in the North Village Seasons 3:1 Cafe. I was on a planning committe for it and everything else having to do with NV. Ok...I'll stop bragging. That would be a good idea to sit in front of it if only they would turn it on more often... :(

Here's a thought...what happened to the days when we used to light the fire. Now it only takes the flip of a switch so we "turn it on." Strange...

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home