Friday, December 31, 2004

The Burden of Choice

I am being faced with so many major decisions right now and I am pretty overwhelemed. Hardly any decision will be an easy one to make. I have so many dreams, desires, needs and wants that I want to fulfill. The problem lies in the fact that I can't possibly make every single dream work. Some of them conflict and I have to decide what is more important to me.

As I grow older these decisions seem to only grow more complicated. When I was in high school and younger, the right decision would over time become very clear to me. This doesn't mean that it was an easy decision to make, but there was at least a clear, "right" decision. The decisions I am faced with now do not and will not have a clear, "right" answer. My choice will be based on weighing my wants, desires, and needs. I have sought guidance from respected people in my life and I have endlessly prayed about these decisions, but the decision is ultimately up to me. This is such a burden to me.

There are many times when I don't think that I am responsible enough or wise enough to make decisions that will alter my life in monumental ways. Regardless though, the choices are still there and are still mine to make. I can't help but think of all of the "what if's" that will come to mind when I ultimately make the decisions. I have seldom made a decision in my life that was followed with regrets, but I have also never had such difficult decisions to make.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was nice to see your beautiful smile today. :-)

Never frown, because you dont know who's falling in love with your smile. you know who.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home