Saturday, October 22, 2005

Three disappointments

Tonight two friends joined me in the SUB to watch the progress of all of the sporting events I'm currently drowning myself in. There are three big screen televisions in the SUB and it was just my luck that they were showing each of "my" teams.

The first of the TV's was showing the Spurs pre-season game. Out of the the three teams I was watching tonight I watch the Spurs most avidly. I have been a Spurs fan since the first game I went to when I was seven years old. I grew up with the biggest Spurs fan I know, my mom, and her enthusiasm rubbed off on me significantly. Even though they were my favorite team tonight, it was just a pre-season game I didn't play that close attention... which is why we lost. If I had been watching like I watched the last game, we would have won. So far the only pre-season game they have won was the one that I watched. The funny thing is that even though we have lost 6 out of 7 pre-season games we are still expected to be the West Conference Champs...yet again. GO SPURS GO.

TV # 2 was showing the pennant series. I've never watched baseball very much. When I went to Boston last year I got really excited about the Red Sox history so I started rooting for them. I have to admit that I've had a similar "jump on the bandwagon" experience with the 'Stros. I did root for them last year and if they had ended up with the Sox in the last series I would have been happy with either team winning. My sister would be upset if she knew I wrote that. She has never followed many sports and never got sucked into basketball in my home, but she has always loved baseball. She and her husband don't live too far from the Astrodome and they managed to get their hands on some tickets for the last home game against the Cardinals. What a shocking ending!! Well...it was so disappointing to see the 'Stros go SIX innings without a run. Well...that was the second hit....er....uh....lack of hit....er...uh....bad pun.

The third TV provided the biggest disappointment. I don't particularly care to watch much football on TV, (except when we had fun SuperBowl parties at my house back in the glory days of the Cowboys,) and I can honestly say that the only football games I've gone to of Baylor's since I've been here have been the A&M games and that was only to watch the Core march at half-time. I don't like going to games if we are going to loose all of the time. Baylor finally has something good going on this year. We have had some really good wins and three disappointing losses. We played a strong game against Nebraska last weekend and even though we barely lost, it was nowhere near the scores that we used to have against teams like Nebraska where we would walk away from the game with a 50-60 point deficit. Tonight we took OU into two overtimes and gave them a run for their money with some great plays. We just couldn't pull it out in the last play though.

Regardless of the three disappointments it was a fun time to share in the company of a bunch of people that I didn't know that were my fellow fans. The time with Rebecca and Becca was also quality. I hope I didn't bore you with this post. I just wanted to write about something light tonight.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brother recommended I might like this web site.
He was entirely right. This post truly made my day.

You can not imagine just how much time I had spent for this information!
Thanks!

Also visit my web page; chloe 財布

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home