Monday, September 13, 2004

The Long & Short of It

I cut my hair again this weekend. I like it a lot. Since January, I’ve gone from a little above shoulder length to it now being chin length. I cut ten inches off the first time and donated it to Locks for Love and since then, if you add up all the inches and factor in the re-growth, I’ve probably cut a total of fifteen inches. I’m starting to miss my long hair now, which is why I chopped it again this weekend. I know…that sounds illogical, but I promise it’s not. The way that I had the layers before would have made growing it out very complicated to deal with every morning. It’s a lot easier to work with now. I don’t regret ever having cut it in the first place. It’s been a lot of fun to have short because I’ve never had my hair this short. I had never even had it as short as it was when I originally cut it in January. But it’s time for it to be long again. Well, it actually won’t get past my shoulders again for about another six months, but I’m patient. I’ve chopped it and grown it out two other times in the past five years, so I’m gonna do it again.

I know this was a weird blog and I’m sure that you all wanted to know about all of my hair escapades. But, I wanted to blog something short and all of my other ideas to blog about would have been far too long. So…that’s the long and short of it. I know, bad pun…but I’m so good at bad puns so you should come to expect it from me. ;-)

11 Comments:

Blogger robwitham said...

Puns and dry wit are good things!!
Keep it up! :)

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm starting to see that there is going to be an apology at the end of each of your blogs defending your actions. (Don't take this as criticism--it's your blog and you can do what you want with it.)

The short hair is nice. The long hair was good too. I've learned the most important thing is to have hair that you are happy with (both aesthetically and practically). I just cut my hair dramatically and no one said anything to me, so I think that means they don't like it. Oh well, at least its easier to deal with!

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:04 AM  
Blogger Kessa said...

Thanks, Anon. Not sure if what I put is an apology or not. I think it's kinda like a post to explain my post. It's the thought behind the thought.
Sorry to here about the lack of response to your hair cut. I bet it's not that people don't like it. Maybe they're just really blind and they didn't notice it. When I originally cut the first ten inches off of my hair there were some people that never said anything at all. It would come up later in conversation with a group and they'd bust out with "Oh...I thought you cut it, but I wasn't sure!!" I'm thinking, "it was TEN incheches!! How can you not be sure about that? I think it was actually just their cover up for not noticing.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're hair looks really cute cut short... haven't seen it this week though, I'm sure it looks good. :-*
That doesn't mean you'll get cuter the shorter you cut it! There's a cut off point. :p

~Adam

4:39 PM  
Blogger Kessa said...

Nice pun, Adam. Was it intended?

6:22 PM  
Blogger Neil E. Golemo said...

Yeah, I don't think I remember you with long hair. I guess it just took that long for you to make an impression ;-)

I'll echo "Anon's" words when I say that you really don't need to apologize after every blog. I mean, its not like you're MAKING people come to your site. We've all decided to visit because we were wondering what you've seen fit to share of those wondrous thoughts you often have. I, for one, like reading your site almost as much as I enjoy bananas florentine... mmmm bananas...

I'm glad you're happy with your hair. I think its the confidence with which you carry yourself that is most attractive about you, Kessa. I doubt you hear that enough.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Kessa said...

Neil,
It's probably not that it took that long to make an impression on you, but rather, we didn't really see eachother or know much about eachother until after I cut it. ;-)

Well, like I told Anon, I don't make so much an apology as it is a thought behind the thought. An explination behind why I wanted to write the story. And since it is my blog, I may still do that every-once-in-a-while.

Last thing: Confidence? Wow....now that is something that I haven't felt as though I've had much of in the past year and certainly didn't think that people would notice it in me. Thank you for noticing though. It brightened my day to read your words on a day that started out rather gloomy.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Kessa said...

One more thing Neil; Did you mean Bananas Foster? That was the recipe that I had for what we had at Brian's a while back. What's Bananas Florentine?

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, no pun intended. hehe.

btw, everyone should make an extra effort to see Kessa this week, she's lookin hot with the new hair cut.

~Adam

7:42 AM  
Blogger Kessa said...

Oh dear!! Adam, you're gonna give me more stalkers!! I already have more than I can handle!! ;-)

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home