Sunday, January 30, 2005

100,000

My car hit a milestone this week. It breached 100,000 miles. It was bittersweet. I had been anticipating it for about 500 miles and it finally came and went and nothing changed. I was happy for my car, yet sad at the same time. It almost felt like a birthday for my car. Instead of 40 years, 100,000 is like over the hill for the car. The first 100,000 thousand were sometimes a struggle but for the most part great. At this point, I'm afraid it's going to be all downhill from here. I'm crossing my fingers that it'll get me through seminary. Especially if I go to Boston. I don't want to invest in a new car just to have it corroded by the salt on the roads. So...the fingers are crossed.

Here's to my car, Birdie, and another 100,000. (Yeah right.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home