Saturday, June 11, 2005

The Saga Continues...

I awaited the coming of the final installment of Star Wars, with great excitement and anticipation, but also with some dissapointment. Along with Episode 3 came the reality that it was the last of the great trilogies that I've enjoyed over the past half a decade. A year and a half ago, The Matrix ended which I got to enjoy with my Classical Philosophy class and then again in the home theater of Scott and Chris' house, (and John, Myles, and Jesse's.) Not long after that, The Return of the Kingwent to theaters, but fourtunately, the fun wasn't over then for The Lord of the Rings. A year later the extended version came out and I got to enjoy nearly another hour of extra footage. I thought that all of my fun in watching amazing movie series' had ended on May 17th with The Revenge of the Sith but to my joy, I was proven wrong tonight. As I sat in the theater watching previews before Episode 3 (again...) the rumors that I'd heard proved to be true. Four children in a train set early in England showed up on the screen and I almost instantly recognized one of my favorite books ever written. Six months from now, on December 9, Disney will present Clive Staples Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia. I got so excited in the theater it was hard for me to stay seated and not begin jumping up and down. Watching the scenes flash across the screen was so exciting. Many of the scenes I saw were exactly as I'd imagined them as I read the books. Ooooooohhhhhhh......I can't wait!! Until then, I go here to quench my thirst.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Hey that's cool! I'm excited now too! Anyway, just wanted to say hi... it's been a LONG time since I've talked to you! :-) Found your blog link through the Facebook and have enjoyed reading it! Hope everything is going well for you. Oh, and by the way, I added you as a link on my blog... hope that's okay... talk to ya later! ~Emily Chastain

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home